Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

First weigh in today

I just realized that I haven't posted anything all week. Sorry Laura. Well, I had a chance to see my new friends again today and it was nice. Everyone seems to be in good spirits and feeling good.
 
Some did good and some had a slow start. The thing we all have to remember is that this is a six month contest. Six Months! Well, five now but you get what I am saying. The real test is going to be seeing who can keep this up for the entire contest.
 
I am proud of everyone. I had a good start. OK, I'll tell you. I lost thirteen pounds. Some people lost more, some lost less, but we all are still in this for the long run. I have to say thanks to my friend Barb for the hug this morning. You have an amazing personality and an infectious outlook on life.
 
I wish more people in this world had your attitude. It would be a much better place to live. Well, I guess now what I have to do is come up with my strategy for the second month. I think that I could probably post a bigger loss next month, but that isn't the way to do it.
 
I think that slow and steady will give me the results that I want. OK, enough blabbering. Like Barb said, "some of our blogs are just to prolific to read". You crack me up Barb. When this is all over, we are going to have a real beer, none of that light garbage. Talk to you all soon.
 
Keith
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home