Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Here We Go!

I am still having a hard time believing that I am in this contest. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that I was chosen, but it just seems surreal. The fact that we are making our weight loss journey public is more than enough to motivate me.
 
I wanted to start by saying that it was a pleasure to meet my new friends that are going down this tough road with me. Everyone seems to have the same story that I have, the life long struggle with weight.
 
Personally, I have had enough. I am tired of being out of shape and I intend to do something about it once and for all. My goal is to show my family the importance of being healthy. I also want to feel better. At 40 years old, being overweight really puts a strain on your body.
 
So, how am I doing? It is my luck that I have gotten what seems to be the worst cold I have ever had in the first week of this competition. That being said, the first couple of days have been rough. I am watching my food intake closely by paying attention to portion control.
 
I know that is the first huddle in losing weight. I hope to be able to start exercising in a day or two. That will be the second huddle. There is no doubt that I can find success in this competition.
 
The truth is, I'm not here for a prize. I am here to be healthy. I want to thank Laura and the News-Herald for this opportunity. Talk to you soon.
 
Keith
 
P.S.  The subject of this post is my salute to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Any Steeler fan knows the chant, Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go, Pittsburgh's Going to the Super Bowl! Go Steelers!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Brother Good Luck To You !!! By the way what does the Cleveland Browns and Steelers have in common MAYBE NEXT YEAR !!!
Love Ya,
Patty

February 8, 2011 at 5:03 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home