Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Good Morning

Good Morning everybody. Well it's bright and early and it seems to be a good start to the day. I have decided to split my workouts into two parts. I do my treadmill work at night and my crunches and push-ups in the morning.
 
I looks like this combination is going to work best for me. It keeps the calories burning for a longer period throughout the day. It is certainly working because I am off to a great start. I feel good and thanks to all of my good friends, I couldn't be any more motivated.
 
I am trying to keep my diet at around 1500 calories a day, give or take a few. Occasionally, I have to feed my cravings and I may go over that amount. Make sure you never ignore your cravings, it will come back to haunt you.
 
If you crave chocolate, have a little piece of it, just don't go overboard. Ignoring your cravings will only make them grow stronger and when you do address it, you will more than likely overindulge.
 
Well, other than the lingering effects of a nasty cold, I feel really good. We have a few more weeks until the next weigh in and I think that I will represent myself fairly well. My family is becoming more and more interested in what I am doing.
 
That was my main reason for taking part in this competition. As I stated before, "seeing is believing". I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of Lighten up. There is no doubt that it will have a huge impact on my family and my health.
 
Ok, I guess I have rambled enough. I will talk to you all soon.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home