Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 2

Well, I made it through the Super Bowl with minimal damage. That being said, I am ready for a productive week. I have completed the maintenance on the tread mill and it is running like new. All I have to do now is find some new music because I have been listening to the same songs for the past 15 years or so.
 
I guess you can say that I am a creature of habit, which is what got me into this shape in the first place. It is easy to settle into a comfortable routine. Now is the time to shake it up a little. I remember how I felt when I lost the weight the last time. I want to feel that again.
 
My energy level was through the roof. I even entered myself in the Johnny Cake Walk in 2006. I took first place in my age group by the way. That is going to be another short term goal of mine, the Johnny Cake Walk. I want to see if I can do it again.
 
I am feeling pretty good so far. I have noticed that I seem to have more energy. I am not sure if it is mental or physical but I can feel it. The only thing that I have to do is figure out when I should get on the tread mill.
 
It is hard to get up in the morning, and I am somewhat tired when I get home from work. Either way I am doing it, but I have struggled with when. If I do it in the morning, I will most likely wake up everybody. I guess I just answered my own question. I need to suck it up and do it when I get home.
 
Well, I will check in with you later in the week. Talk to you soon.
 
Keith
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home