Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Week 1 in the Books

Well, the first week is almost done. I have to say that I have stuck to my plan. Well, I may have slipped up a little bit at dinner tonight, but the rest of the week went great. I haven't decided yet if I should say how much I have lost or not.
 
Maybe I should just keep it a secret and let the News-Herald let everyone know every month. That one is still up for debate. I will say that I am in good spirits and although I may not have lost a huge amount of weight yet, I can definitely feel a difference.
 
I am trying to take this competition in stages. What I mean is that I have made small goals for myself that are easier to obtain. I guess you can say that I am taking baby steps. Weight Watchers taught me that and it really does help.
 
I am glad to see that my family is already taking notice to what I am trying to do. Everyone is asking me questions about what they should eat and how much. I hope that what I am doing will take a long term effect on everyone around me.
 
The real key is to show them results. The old saying is, "seeing is believing". I have said that I was going to lose weight for the past few years and then I didn't follow through with it. This time is different. My mind is in the right place and I will reach my goal.
 
I just have to make sure that I work out hard tomorrow for my indulgence of pizza tonight. Yes, I had a weak moment. It just smelled really good. I was extra good all week so I don't think that I did any real damage. Oh well, enough rambling. I will talk to you soon.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home