Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Weekend........

I am now entering the hardest part of sticking to a diet. The Weekend. I work hard all week long and for some reason, I come undone over the weekend. I finally got back to my original progress after I overindulged last weekend.
 
If I can just make it through, I should be alright. maybe I won't embarrass myself at the weigh in next weekend. So far so good. I started off with a foot long turkey sub from Subway. I really wanted the chicken bacon ranch, but I was good.
 
I even had a few drinks last night. After much research, I found that rum and coke is basically the lightest drink calorie wise. It is hard because of the fact that I have always been a beer drinker. I really don't drink that much anymore, so I guess I will put up with the taste in the name of progress.
 
Beer will definitely destroy what I have done to this point. Large quantities will anyways. Now that I have my focus back, alcohol isn't really an issue. I am starting to notice that my pants are looser. That is a great feeling.
 
I am actually starting to use the other holes on my belt. That hasn't happened in a long time. I'm on my way slowly but surely. There is light at the end of the tunnel. OK, time to take on the weekend. I can do this, trust me. Talk to you later.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home