Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday, and all is well..........

Today was a good day, generally speaking. I have been feeling a little frustrated this week. When I lost a large amount of weight about 4 years ago, it seemed to be a little easier. I know that I am older now, and I have been through a few surgeries, but the progress is significantly slower this time.
 
I guess this is the right way to lose the weight considering that I gained back almost everything that I lost back then. I just seem to be missing something. The last time, I became obsessed with losing the weight. I worked out 7 days a week and I measured out everything I ate.
 
I guess I need to get some of that fire back. I want to lose this weight more than anything, but I haven't put a 100% percent effort into it yet to be honest. As you can see from my other blog entries, I have cheated on the diet quite a bit so far. I am kind of doing the opposite of what I intended to do in this contest.
 
I have made progress and when I show up at the weigh in, I will have lost some weight. It won't be as much as it could have been. When I stepped on the scale the past few days, I was frustrated, and I only have myself to blame. That frustration is enough to get me fired up again.
 
I wanted to do this to show my family that it is important to be healthy, and to take the strain off of my body that the extra weight has created. I intend on accomplishing both. I guess I just needed to get mad at myself. No more excuses. No more cheating.
 
I am not in this to win a contest. I am in this to change my life and to hopefully inspire my family to do the same. Wish me luck. On second thought, I don't need luck. I need you to challenge me to do better. I will talk to you soon.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home