Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 3

Ok, here's the deal. I am having a rough start to week 3. The first two weeks went great. I followed my plan exactly. The last three days however have been a disaster. I guess my will power went on on a short hiatus.
 
I am just going to blame it on Valentine's weekend. It was a combination of my beautiful girlfriend, and the incredible food at Biscotti's Restaurant in Conneaut. I was just a weak person all the way around this weekend. Can you hear the violins playing in the background?
 
Alright, I know what I did over the past few days and now I know what I have to do the rest of the week. I have to look at it as a minor setback. Honestly, it was worth every second of it. I would relive this weekend everyday if I could.
 
That being said, I have to increase my workouts a bit. I read somewhere that doing a half hour in the morning and at night on a treadmill is really effective. It is supposed to keep your metabolism burning for a longer period throughout the day.
 
I guess I will find out soon enough. I have noticed that my energy level is increasing slowly but surely. I know from experience that it will jump leaps and bounds the more weight I lose. My old "skinny" clothes are calling my name.
 
I have already started to go through them to see what I want to get into first. I can't wait. My motivation is still high, and it is going to stay that way until I reach my goal. I am fortunate to have great people surrounding me and encouraging me to do well.
 
Ok, I will talk to you all soon. Have a good night.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home