Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"What has been the biggest change in me since I started the contest."

Wow, this question isn't as easy to answer I as I thought it would be. So far I have had mixed success in this contest. I started off great, but then I have went the wrong way the last two weigh-ins. Over all I am still down, but no where near I intended to be at this point. I suppose that the biggest change in me since I have started this contest is my attitude. There was a time in my life that I would really beat myself up if I wasn't doing well at something. The first time that I lost a large amount of weight with Weight Watchers, I would punish myself if I didn't lose any weight for the week. I have learned that way of doing things isn't reality. It is impossible to work out like a maniac when you work 40 hours a week and have kids that are in sports. There just aren't enough hours in the day. My attitude has changed. I have realized that losing weight is a process. It isn't something that should be done in a short period of time like I did before. If you lose it to fast, it will always find it's way back. I am not beating myself up anymore. I know that I am capable of losing weight. I know that if I have a bad month, it isn't the end of the world. I can come back, and I will. So don't beat yourself up if you are struggling. Look to your family or friends for motivation. We all wanted to do this contest because we wanted to make fundamental changes in our lives. Each and every one of us are capable of doing just that. We already have, and we can continue to do so. Keep a positive attitude and remember, we get out of life what we put in to it. Stay strong everybody. I will talk to you all later.
 
Keith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home