Blogs > Lighten Up with Keith

40-year-old Keith Hockman has survived a rare brain illness, and now he's marching into battle with his weight. The Madison resident wants to show his children how to get control of your life and live healthier.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday 3/28

It was good to see everyone Saturday. It is amazing how complete strangers can come together and begin to form a bond. Our group is about as diverse as it could be. We are from all walks of life, yet we are becoming closer every time we see each other. I am not sure how many other people are reading our blog, but you can guarantee that we are reading each others.
 
That fact alone will make us friends for life. We are all getting a sneak peak into what makes the other person tick. It takes some friendships years to accomplish that. I personally feel lucky to have met you all. I look forward to standing with everyone at the end of this contest. There is no doubt that we will all be healthier, not to mention lighter.
 
That being said, I must say "thank you" to Karin for the encouragement this month. I really struggled for most of the month until Karin wrote some kind words of encouragement. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give me a proverbial kick in the rear. Thanks to you I found the motivation I needed to salvage the month with an 8 pound loss. It wasn't as much as I wanted to lose, but it was better than gaining.
 
Just remember, we can all do this. If one of us are down, everyone help pick them up. If we all work together, maybe we can lose the equivalent of a small car or something! I'll talk to you all later. Stay strong.
 
Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Thanks, Keith! Each of us needs a kick in the backside once in a while. I'll drop you a line when I need one. ~K

March 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home